Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Heavenly Father Love YOU. - July 11, 2016

 Hello everyone! I hope your week was incredible, and your 4th of July
was fun & safe!  This week I learned how blessed I am to be here. We
attended a Zone Conference where we learned how much we are loved by
our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ. Our Mission
President, President Polley, taught me something so profound. I'll
share with y'all some of my thoughts on the things he said. The Lord
is perfect, He can do ANYTHING. He could do the mission work of every
missionary in the blink of an eye. So why does He have us serve
missions? Why does He have us do His work? Why doesn't He just snap
His fingers and have everyone be baptized right now? It's because He
loves us. He loves me so much, that He's giving me this opportunity to
learn, grow, and serve Him. He prepares people in our area to receive
our message, but He leaves the work up to us. (Of course guided by the
Spirit.) Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us beyond measure to
our human minds. It is so incredible, it brings tears to my eyes. Just
felt like I should share that this week.
I am beyond grateful for this opportunity I have to serve in the TSAM.
Choosing go on a mission was the best decision I could have made for
my life right now. I NEEDED to come here to learn and grow, and to
GIVE EVERYTHING TO THE LORD.

    Our area Palo Alto YSA, is doing really good. Sister Martin and I are
in a really big finding time right now. But we are also working very
hard to strengthen and unify the current members of our branch. I am
really coming to learn that missionary work is not just about the
investigators, but it's all people! Members, less-actives,
non-members, everyone! We all need the light of Christ in our life, no
matter who we are. We have a new investigator named Samantha, who
really wants to get baptized! We taught her the Restoration on Tuesday
evening, and she LOVED it. She said that she has always felt the bible
was true, but there was just something missing. And that something is
The Book of Mormon! We were amazed at just how prepared and elect she
is! I am learning that we must always trust in the promises of the
Lord, faith is essential in the work! My faith has grown SO much while
I've been out here serving my mission. I am truly grateful to say,
this mission has changed my life forever.

    My companion, Sister Martin, is doing really good! She's such an
incredible leader and example. The sisters that she's over for her
Sister Training Leader calling, look up to her so much; I am one of
those sisters. She never ever gives up; her faith is absolutely
unshakeable. She KNOWS and TRUSTS in the promises of the Lord, and it
really helps me to do the same. She is the best example/trainer I
could have learned from.

    The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church.
It was restored by a faithful prophet, Joseph Smith through the
Priesthood Power of God. The Book of Mormon is true, and is evidence
of this perfect gospel. Jesus Christ is my Savior, and through Him I
can try my best each day to be better. Through Him, I can live with my
family forever in the presence of my Heavenly Father. We are so
blessed. Heavenly Father loves us beyond measure, and I will never be
able to do enough to show my gratitude and love. But I can do my
absolute best in this life to turn everything to Him. I know that here
in the TSAM, that's what being "All In" is about. Turning everything
we have, to our Savior! I am so filled with pure joy. The Gospel of
Jesus Christ IS pure joy. And I feel so privileged to share that with
the people of Texas.

    I love and miss you all so much! Thank you for all of your examples
of love and faith. Always remember who you are, a child of God. Your
Heavenly Father knows YOU. Your Heavenly Father loves YOU. Never let
anything distract you from this knowledge of who you are. Know who you
are, and act accordingly!

Con MUCHO amor,

Hermana Freeman


We had a little too much fun with the Glow Sticks our members gave us
on the 4th of July😉






No comments:

Post a Comment