Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Happy 4th of July Everyone! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ❤️πŸ’™ - July 4, 2016

Hello everyone! I hope you've had the greatest week ever!

Oh how great is the Work of the Lord! We were able to have an
incredible week this week. I am really starting to learn faith in
finding; our area is in a big finding time right now.

The area (Palo Alto YSA) is slowly starting to progress. We are
starting to see the members help more and more each day with the
mission work. We have been trying to find ways to make the branch more
unified; after many prayers and discussions, we've decided to have a
fireside/devotional on Sunday July, 24. My companion, Sister Martin,
and I will be speaking- along with another returned missionary in the
branch. We know that as we get everyone feeling the spirit together,
that our branch can become stronger! We are still working with a lot
of less-actives. I love to see the light of Christ enter back into the
lives of these people, it's incredible! For example, one of my first
days in San Antonio, we taught a less-active named Nick. I thought
Nick would NEVER progress! He was taking the lesson so lightly and was
trying to draw away the spirit. He said he liked his lifestyle and
didn't want to change! Well this past week we met with Nick (and many
many other times prior) and extended the commitment to meet with the
Branch President for a limited-use Temple Recommend to do baptisms for
the dead! I just felt so privileged to see the Lord and the Holy Ghost
work with this young man's heart. The work is truly incredible! We
will still continue to look for investigators to teach, but we have a
LOT of work to do within the branch to build up the unity!

I am so excited that today is the 4th of July! Last Pday, my companion
and I went shopping for Red, White, & Blue outfits to wear today. I've
attached a picture below of the us Lake Vista Apartment Sisters in our
4th of July attire! Sadly I forgot my Red scarf at home, so for right
now- my outfit is just White & Blue. Of course we will be going back
for the Red later!

Today on this spectacular 4th of July I want to talk a little bit
about how this glorious holiday that we celebrate has to do with the
gospel. We are so blessed to live in a country where we have such
religious freedom! Our forefathers were truly inspired to fight for
all the freedoms we have today. This religious freedom that we so
greatly fought for, opened the doors to the Restoration of the Gospel
of Jesus Christ. It's so incredible to see how in control of
EVERYTHING, our Father in Heaven is. In Preach My Gospel on page 35,
under The Great Apostasy, it reads: "This Reformation resulted in an
increased emphasis on religious freedom, which opened the way for the
final Restoration." Heavenly Father prepared this land, the promised
land, for Joseph Smith to Restore the true church, The Church of Jesus
Christ of Latter-Day Saints on the earth. This holiday is a lot more
than just fireworks and hotdogs; we celebrate the freedom of this
incredible country given to us by our Heavenly Father.  And all of the
incredible freedoms we have, including religious freedom! We are so
blessed, how glorious it is to live in America! ❤️πŸ’™❤️πŸ’™

I'd like to leave you all with my testimony.  I know the church is
true. I have a burning Testimony of this Gospel.  I know with all my
heart, that we have a Savior- Jesus Christ.  I know that we have a
Heavenly Father who loves us beyond measure and He wants us to
progress and succeed.  I know that this mission I'm serving is not
mine, but it is His.  And I am learning over time that because this is
His work, things will happen in His time.  I know that the Book of
Mormon is true.  And that we can become closer to God by reading it,
and acting upon the things we are prompted to do when we read it.  I
know that Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God, to restore this
gospel we have on the earth today!  The most important thing in my
life is my sweet family back at home in Santaquin, Utah.  And the
knowledge that I have, that I get to spend eternity with them- bring
me joy beyond words.  I love them so much.  I am thankful for the
opportunity that I have to share the knowledge of Eternal Families to
the people here in Texas!  I am growing so much as a person, and as a
missionary.  I am truly blessed. I say these things, in the name of
Jesus Christ, Amen.

I hope you all have an incredible week, and a fabulous 4th of July! Be
safe! I love you all, and want to thank you for all of your thoughts
and prayers. I pray for you as well.

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Freeman





No comments:

Post a Comment