Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Hello Everyone from Hermana Freeman - May 30, 2016

Hello everyone!

Ok. I can't even describe how fast this is going by. Two weeks from
today, we will be getting our transfer calls to know if we'll stay in
Palo Alto, or get transferred to another area. On Saturday, it will be
my 1 month mark of being here in Texas. This is CRAZY; I feel like I
was in the CCM just yesterday. Each day I'm out here, my testimony
grows deeper and deeper into this gospel. I know without even a sliver
of doubt- that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is
true. I feel so blessed to share the gospel that brings so much joy in
my life, to the marvelous people of Texas!

I just truly love Texas! (Even if it is ruining my poor hair :'))
This next part will probably only interest Harley, Meganne, Wendy, &
My Mom, but oh well! As I'm typing this part while  I am currently
getting my hair cut by a nice member. Because Texas has FRIED my hair!
Yesterday we were in the car, and I was brushing my hair, and it was
just breaking off! I almost started crying because it was so bad, my
companion thought my temper tantrum was pretty funny though.πŸ˜‚ She
told me to text a member in our phone who cuts the sister
missionaries' hair all the time, and I started to slowly calm down.πŸ˜‰
Needless to say, I'm back to some pretty short hair, and have to do
special treatments to "bring it back to life".  But enough about hair,
I have other stuff to talk about!

We have had the chance to visit so many people this week! We've been
meeting with a lot of less-active members. I love the opportunity I
have to help these people feel the love of their Savior, Jesus Christ
once more in their lives. Sometimes people forget how much their
Heavenly Father knows and loves them, but it's so important to remind
them and help them to feel it all throughout their lives.
This past week me and my companion had a thought that we should
contact a girl named Yadira. She is a convert to the church, but has
been less active for a few years now. We were able to meet with her
and get to know her a little more. She has a lot of stress that has
been placed in her life, and we contacted her at time of much-needed
help! The spirit helped us to reach out to her at this time for a
reason. We taught The Restoration, and she absolutely loved it! The
spirit was so strong, and she had so much to say and add to the
discussion.  I love seeing the Lord's work change the lives of these
people.

On Tuesday, we had our Press on Zone Conference.  It was kind of like
a "Farewell" Zone Conference for President and Sister Slaughter,
because the new Mission President comes in on June 27!  It was really
bittersweet.  I'm sad to see President & Sister Slaughter leave,
because I've really gotten to known and love them!  They have such an
amazing spirit about them- they truly love the work!  However, we got
to learn a little bit about the new Mission President and his wife,
President and Sister Polley, and they seem so wonderful an so excited
to dive into the work!  I know the change will be good, it will just
be a little hard to see the Slaughter's go!

Our Pday a week from today, we will be heading to downtown San
Antonio!  I'm so excited, we are going to see the Alamo, and to shop
the Marcado.  We are so excited to take a little adventure!  As a
result however, I might not have much time to write a mass email!  We
want to have as much time as possible there, so we will be heading off
at noon!  I'll be sure to take lots and lots of pics though!

I love you all, and thank you so much for the love and support.
You've all been so amazing to me, and I really appreciate it!  I still
love to get mail and emails, so please continue to send away!πŸ˜‰
Have a great week, and remember to always turn to the Lord.  He knows
you. He loves you.  And He wants you to be happy!

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Freeman

Picture explanation:
-The one of me and the other sisters was taken at the Zone Conference.
-The one of me on the couch with the family was taken with the Johnson
family!  Stephani, the girl sitting in the middle- is the Relief
Society President of our YSA branch.  And behind us is her sweet mom,
and her dad who is the first counselor to the Branch President! They
are such a sweet family, we just love them! They always are willing to
feed us dinner, and they are the ones who let us FaceTime on Mother's
Day from their house!
-The Name Tag- it's actually a hand stitched keychain that one of the
members of the branch made for me!  I absolutely love it!
-The duck sign! There is a duck pond really close to our house, and I
just love the sign by the roadπŸ˜‚





No comments:

Post a Comment