Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Bedrock-Consistent-Unshakeable Faith - Aug 15, 2016

Hello Everyone!! Happy Monday!

Today I have to start off by saying congratulations to my best friend
Harley who opened her mission call yesterday- She has been Called to
Serve in the Argentina Mendoza mission! I am SOO excited for her, the
mission is life-changing!

I hope you all had an incredible week and pondered on many things!
Something I've been thinking a lot about this week is faith.
Bedrock-Consistent-Unshakable Faith. Faith in the Lord and His
promises even when- no, ESPECIALLY when things are hard. The Lord has
sent each of us here to grow and gain faith in Him. Sometimes I feel
like I show the "best faith" when things are going smooth and great
for me! But I've come to realize that I need to work on my consistent
faith, my faith when things are feeling pretty hard. I feel as though
the Lord is molding and shaping me into a better servant for Him, by
giving me some difficult challenges to overcome on my mission. But as
I have faith and trust in His promises, and turn to Him, I can
overcome the trials!

Our area, Palo Alto YSA is most definitely a "finding by faith" area
right now. We are still trying to find investigators who will accept
and act on the beautiful message of The Restoration. Some of our less
active members are not wanting to be taught the gospel or come to
church. However, we are trying our best. I'm on this journey of
accepting and understanding that that's all the Lord expects of us,
our best. I'll sometimes get caught up in the false ideas of what
"success" is. Success by numbers. I am on the path to realizing that
missionary work is not just all about baptisms and numbers. As I've
taken a step back and looked at how many less active members we've
helped to reactivate and teach, and how many lives we've touched by
planting seeds of the gospel into the hearts of many, I am so thankful
for the love of the Lord.  He loves us so much. Our active members are
really great to us as well, they are incredible member missionaries.
This Area has stretched and tested me, but most importantly it has
changed me. I have faith that the Lord put me here to develop
consistent faith in Him. And I am beyond grateful.

My companion SIster Stenquist is absolutely incredible! I am ALWAYS in
awe as I watch how bold she is- how much she wants to share the Gospel
with everyone! I'm still a little shy and trying to get out of my
shell, but she will just go up to literally anyone in any situation
and start sharing the gospel! She is such an amazing missionary; I'm
so blessed to be her companion and learn so much from her. The Lord
has really blessed me with companions that I feel were exactly right
for me, and I am so grateful.

I want to close with my testimony in Spanish today. I am still trying
diligently to learn the beautiful language, so keep that in mind as
you are reading and come across a mistake or two!! 😉  But here it
goes.
Yo sé que La Iglesia de Jesucristo de Los Santos de Los Últimos Días
es verdadero. Tenemos un Salvador y Él nos ama muchísimo. Yo sé El
Libro de Mormón es verdadero. Y cuando yo leo eso, yo siento Él
Espíritu Santo muy fuerte. José Smith fue una profeta de Dios, y
mediante El, tenemos El Libro de Mormón.  El evangelio me da gozo.
Amo a mi familia. ¡Y estoy muy feliz porque yo puedo ser juntos con
ellos para siempre! En el nombre de nuestro Salvador, Jesucristo,
Amén.

I love y'all so much! I pray for you. As you go throughout your week
this week, please remember that the Lord is there. He loves you. And
when things are going hard in life, we must fervently try to show our
bedrock, consistent, unshakeable faith in Him!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Freeman


Picture: Sorry it's a little dark... Last night we had (left to right
in the back) Reyna, Jeril, & Mirka come out with us to lessons! It
rained SOO much.


No comments:

Post a Comment