Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

WALSH RANCH ROCKS - Oct 24, 2016

Hello everyone! I hope your week was absolutely fantastic, and you
felt the spirit in abundance!

Wow, we have had such an incredible week here in Walsh Ranch, I
absolutely LOVE this area. I am so thankful for the chance I have to
serve here with Sister Rueda, we have already seen so many blessings.
We were doubled into this area last Tuesday, AND WE ARE ON FULL BIKE!
It's seriously the best thing ever, I LOVE being in a biking area!

This week I've been studying a lot from the Christlike Attributes in
Preach My Gospel, and the more I read and study, the more I recognize
there are things I need to work on. I'm really focusing on the
attribute "Patience", it's something I really need  to work harder at.
Our Savior is the perfect example of having perfect patience with
everyone, and it's an attribute I'm fervently praying to have help
developing. I'm so thankful to have Jesus Christ as a perfect example,
I'm striving as hard as I can each day to become more like Him.

Walsh Ranch is absolutely FANTASTIC, I love this area so much! (I hope
I get to stay here for a long time😉) The members are so incredibly
involved with missionary work, I can't even believe it. They have also
shown us an incredible amount of kindness since we've been here; I can
just tell it's such a great area! We are definitely doing a lot of
finding right now, when we got into the area last week, we only had
about two potential investigators. We are for sure trying to work with
them, but we're also trying trying to find more people to teach. I'm
continuing to learn to trust and rely in the Lord's promises; I know
that we will be led to the prepared people of this area as we are
obedient and faithful!

My companion Sister Rueda is so sweet. Wow, she is one of the kindest
most patient people I have ever met! I learn so much from the love she
shows to the people we come in contact with; she truly cares so much
about everyone! We are still learning how to teach together in unison,
but we are working together really well. I'm so thankful for her and
for her testimony.

I'm extra excited for this upcoming week, because we have a General
Authority coming to our mission on Thursday to talk with us! His name
is Elder Benjamin De Hoyos. He has given a few General Conference
talks in the early 2000's, they are incredible; I'd definitely
recommend looking them up! But I'm so excited to hear the words of one
of the Lord's servants, I know I will be so spiritually fed.

I'd like to close with my testimony in Spanish again today:

Yo sé que esta iglesia es verdadera. Sé que Jesucristo vive. Sé que Él
es nuestro ejemplo perfecto. Sé que Él sufrió para cada de nosotros.
Yo testifico que El Libro de Mormón es la palabra de Dios y también
que José Smith fue una profeta muy fiel de Dios. Estoy muy agradecida
por este Evangelio, estamos tan bendecido. Yo sé Dios nos ama
muchísimo. Él es nuestro Padre Celestial. En el nombre de nuestro
Salvador Jesucristo, Amén.

I hope you all have the best week ever! I pray that you can feel the
love of the Savior in your life more abundantly. He's there, and He
loves and knows you! Remember that His timing of things in our lives
is perfect, He has the Eternal Perspective. I love you all!


Con todo amor en el Mundo,
Hermana Freeman

PICS:
-Hermana Rueda and I on our bikes!!!
-Our roommates, the Palm Valley Sisters, we love them!


No comments:

Post a Comment