Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Transfers, New Companion, Baptismal Date! - Aug 1, 2016

Hello friends and family!

We have been very blessed this week, it has been incredible. I love to
watch the many blessings and new things that can be learned from
Transfers! I know the Lord loves us, knows us, and helps us in every
moment.

Our area, Palo Alto is doing much better. We were blessed to have two
investigators and a couple less actives attend church yesterday. There
is such an incredible spirit that can be felt at church, and it just
drew them all in. Our branch is becoming more unified, and we are
getting a lot of missionary help from the incredible members! We are
so excited to continue to work more and more with each of them. Sister
Stenquist and I are also very blessed to share with y'all that we have
a baptism coming up!! Our investigator Richard will be baptized on
August 13, and we couldn't be more excited for him! He was a referral
from the Highland Hills Elders, and is so incredibly prepared. He told
us that after the elders taught him about the Word of Wisdom, he threw
away his tea and coffee the next day. He also told us that he fasted
the day after he learned about fasting, and said, "The blessings that
come from fasting are incredible, y'all should try it sometime!" We
laughed a little of course, because he didn't know that we do fast at
least once a month. But I've loved the opportunity I've had to watch
Richard grow in the gospel and love its teachings! He has been to
church several times, and is just so ready for baptism! During my time
in Palo Alto, I've also been able to see many less-active members come
back to church! I feel so blessed that Heavenly Father has given me
the opportunity to teach these incredible people! Missionary work is
truly Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ's love for us. And I'm not just
talking about the people that are taught, but I also mean for the
missionaries. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love me so much, that
they are allowing me to do their work. This mission brings me such
joy!

My new companion, Sister Stenquist, is incredible! Sister Stenquist
and I arrived to the TSAM on the same day, so we both just barley
finished training. We were a little worried at first that we'd have a
difficult time planning, teaching, working in the area, etc. since we
were both so new, but the Lord has blessed us so much. He has truly
guided us and helped us to know what He would have us do. We feel SO
blessed! I love serving with Sister Stenquist; she has such an
incredible testimony. She teaches the gospel in such a clear and
simple yet very bold manner, she really helps people to learn and
understand it so well! I am already learning so much from her, and I
know that I will continue to learn more and more throughout this
transfer. I am so excited to see what the Lord has in store.

I know that my Redeemer lives. Jesus Christ made the ultimate
sacrifice so that we can try each day to be better. So that we can
live with our families and our Father in Heaven forever. I love my
Savior. I know that I can never repay Him for what He did, but I can
try to live my life in gratitude. I can turn everything over to Him. I
know that we have a LOVING Heavenly Father who created the perfect
plan so that we can succeed. He loves us far more than we could ever
comprehend. I love the Gospel, and I know that it is perfect. The Book
of Mormon is the Word of God. As we study from it and abide by its
precepts, we will remain on the straight and narrow path! We are so
blessed.

I hope that you all have an incredible week, and continue to look for
the Lord's hand in your lives. He is there. He knows you. He loves
you. My cousin Jeffrey told me a quote before I left on my mission,
and it has stuck with me ever since. He said: "Just be yourself, and
the Lord will make you your best self!" I know it's true! All we are
asked to do is to be ourselves and try our hardest. May we always
remember that, and when things get hard, turn to Him. He's there.

I love y'all so much! I pray for you. Thank you for your prayers in return.

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Freeman

Pictures:
-My new companion Sister Stenquist and I❤️
-The Lake Vista Apartment Sisters biding Sister Martin farewell!



No comments:

Post a Comment