Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Hello from Austin!!! - Sep 12, 2016

Hello everyone! How are y'all doing? I hope you were able to have an
incredible week!

Wow what a week it has been here in Austin. I'm excited to serve in
the Riverside Ward, and improve with my Spanish! It's funny how much
each area has a special place in your heart- I really love and miss
Palo Alto and all the people I served with there! But I also love it
here in Riverside, and I can already tell that the members are so
incredibly kind here. I am sure learning that the Lord really knows us
and what we need WAY more than we do. I'm learning to trust in Him and
His eternal perspective.

So I thought my Spanish was pretty good- until I came to Riverside.😉
I'd be absolutely lying if I said I wasn't SO CONFUSED about what was
going on this week. But it's okay! I'm learning more and more each
day. Between my companion and the members, I'm surrounded with the
language constantly! The Ward is doing really good, we had a lot of
people attend church yesterday. I'm still trying to learn who everyone
is, and how things run here. The members are so incredibly kind, but
sadly we don't get a lot of help with the missionary work. I'm trying
to come up with ways to encourage members to come out with us more to
lessons, we really need their help! Missionary work is SO strong when
the full-time missionaries and members work together to build up the
kingdom. I've been praying and thinking a lot about what I can do to
uplift them while also asking for their help.

My companion Hermana Gonzalez is from Mexico, and she doesn't know
English :') I'm trying to help her learn it though! She is a very
powerful teacher in lessons! I can tell she really knows the doctrine,
and loves to teach it. We are definitely trying to learn how to work
together- I know that a huge part of the difficulty is my lack of
Spanish- I know it must be hard for her to have a companion who can't
talk more in lessons, and I feel really bad. But I'm doing all I can
to learn the language and help out! I know that each day I'll learn
more and more Spanish. The Gift of Tongues is real!
I am turning to my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ a lot.

We have an investigator named Kevin, and he is working towards a
baptismal date! He's so incredible, I've been able to teach 2 of his
lessons. He absolutely loves the gospel, and has a testimony that's on
fire!

Being in a Spanish area is definitely different, EVERY singly lady in
the Ward that I go to give a hug to, kisses my cheek.. I'm still not
really used to that, it's a little weird to me..😉 But we already have
a Fiesta de Barrio on Friday, and I'm so excited for that! This area
is also incredibly beautiful. Also I'm the companion who drives this
transfer- okay. Can I just tell you. DRIVING IN AUSTIN IS SO SCARY!
Ah, pray for us. 😉

I hope you have an absolutely incredible week!

I'd like to close again with my testimony.

Tengo un testimonio que este Iglesia es verdadero. Sé que José Smith
fue un profeta increíble de Dios. Sé que tenemos un Salvador-
Jesucristo. Él nos ama muchísimo. El Libro de Mormón es verdadero. Y
cuando leemos este libro, podemos sentir muy cerca a Dios y podemos
sentir su amor también. Estoy muy agradecida por las enseñanzas de la
iglesia, me dan mucho paz y consuelo. Tengo tan mucho gozo puedo vivir
con mi familia para siempre en la Reino Celestial. Este Evangelio es
perfecto! En el nombre de nuestro Salvador, Jesucristo, Amén.

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Freeman

Pics:
2 of me with Hermana Gonzalez
1 we taught a lesson to a member who has been sick, but is doing much better




No comments:

Post a Comment